Wednesday 30 July 2014

TOO BAD : Four Month Old Boy Dies from Ebola Virus in Guinea

ebola virus A 4-month-old baby boy by name Faya, died in Gueckadou, South East Guinea, BBC reports.

Faya is said to have caught the virus [Ebola virus] from his mother, who died a few weeks ago.

Read:-10 Things You Should Know About The Deadly Ebola Virus

His corpse has been buried in a forest.

The boy’s family is reportedly “too scared” to attend his funeral.

“I was there with him just before he died…I had been feeding him milk. I stepped away, just for a short break, but then I was called back and he was dead. I was totally devastated,” said Adele Millimouno,a Medicines Sans Frontieres (MSF) nurse who was taking care of the faya.

The International Federation of the Red Cross and Medicines Sans Frontieres told BBC that “the [Ebola] situation across West Africa remains out of control.”

photo credit| Bellanaija

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will Speak At The Appropriate time’ – President Jonathan

President Jonathan says he will speak on issues bothering on his administration and the last election at the appropriate time. President...